- Mix the flour, milk, cream, egg yolks, vanilla sugar and rum until a smooth paste is obtained.
- Beat the egg whites lightly with the salt, beat them until stiff with the sugar and add them to the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, pour in the Schmarren dough, sprinkle with sultanas and cook the underside well, then turn.
- Put the Schmarren in the oven and bake it for 3-5 minutes at 200 degrees. Finally, break up the dough with two forks.
- Sprinkle the Schmarren with icing sugar, add a knob of butter and toss a little more in the pan so that the sugar caramelises. Arrange on hot plates, sprinkle with icing sugar again and serve.
The Kaiserschmarren can be served with lingonberry jam or compote (apple, pear, quince, etc.).